Document on the proposed growth of Tolworth Girls' School & Sixth Form for consultation 2015/16
In line with the Borough Statutory Requirements, please use this link to open/download a copy of the Consultation Document on the proposed growth of Tolworth Girls' School & Sixth Form 2015/16
Hard copies can be also be obtained from the School Office.
OPEN EVENING - For entry into Year 7 2014
- This was held on Wednesday 16th October 2013
- These were held from Monday 14th - Thursday 24th October 2013
YEAR 7 ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS TO THE SCHOOL FOR SEPTEMBER 2014
There are 210 Year 7 places available for September 2014
If more than 210 applications are received, places will be offered according to the following criteria, used in this priority order:
- places will be offered firstly to Looked After Children i.e. children who are looked after by a public authority and are in public care, and previously looked after children who were adopted, or subject to a residence order, or special guardianship order, immediately following having been looked after. Applications made under this criterion must be accompanied by details of circumstance and professionally supported evidence (e.g. from a social workers
- places will be offered next to children who have a brother or sister, including an adopted, foster, half- or step-brother or sister, living at the same address and attending the same school at the time of admission;
- places will then be offered in cases of exceptional family, social or medical need (which must be described on the application form and verified by professionally supported evidence, e.g. from a professionally qualified health professional or social worker) which makes the school concerned the most suitable one for the individual child;
- the remaining places will be offered to children who live nearest to the school, as measured using a straight line. Distance will be measured from the home address to the main school entrance on Fullers Way North. All distances will be measured using Kingston Council School Admissions computerised Geographical Information System.
The admissions criteria does not give priority to parents who wish to apply to the school solely on the grounds that they require a single sex education for their child.
Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs will be offered a place if the School is named in their Statement in accordance with the Education Act 1996 and the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
If two applicants live the same distance from the school, random selection by the drawing of lots will be used to allocate the place.
All late applications will be considered in accordance with Kingston's co-ordinated secondary admissions scheme and as published in Kingston's "Which Secondary School" booklet.
The waiting list will automatically consist of the names of unsuccessful applicants who have not had a higher preference offer. This list will be held in criteria order and will include any late applications.
Names of children who have had a higher preference offer, or who did not originally name the school as a preference, to the waiting list. Their names will be added to the waiting list in criteria order. From 1st September 2013 the waiting list will be reviewed every 12 months. Parents will be contacted annually to ask if they want their child's name to remain on the waiting list.
In Year Admissions
Any application for a school place for Year 7 to 11 must be made to Kingston Local Authority. All in year applications for Tolworth Girls' School will be dealt with in accordance with the Kingston's in year Admissions scheme.
SECONDARY SCHOOL ADMISSIONS BOOKLET
To apply for a place at Tolworth Girls' School for Year 7 2014 and In-Year applications, please see the 'Secondary School Admissions Booklet'.
This booklet provides you with further information about the different types of secondary education available as well as when and how to apply for a secondary place.
A link to download this is available here;
'In year' application is also made via the Borough.
Full details are in the Seconday Schools information Booklet.
Tolworth Girls' School & Sixth Form
Tel: 020 8397 3854