Homework / independent study is any work or activity which students are asked to do outside lesson time either on their own or with parents or carers.
Homework should not prevent students from participating in after school activities such as sport, music or clubs. Time must be planned to allow completion of homework and other activities.
The Purpose Of Homework / Independent Study is to:
- To encourage students to develop the confidence and self-discipline to work on their own.
- To consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding.
- To extend school learning, for example through additional reading.
- To enable students to devote time to particular demands such as GCSE controlled assessments.
- To support the home/school relationship
Login to ePraise to see more.