SEND Family Voice
Richmond SEND Family Voice, a group of local parents, was set up last year to help parents and to ensure that families' views are properly heard by the people that provide services to our children and young people. We have been hearing from parents that they are confused about what is happening around the transfer to EHCP's and are not receiving the information they need.
- Are you aware that your child's statement will soon need to be transformed to an Education, Health & Care Plan? (If your child is in year 9, 11, 13 or 14 then this should happen by the end of August this year).
- Do you have questions about the Education, Health & Care Plans (EHCPs)? Do you understand how to complete the various forms - and who to ask for help?
- Would you like to talk to the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team who are managing the conversions of Statements to Education, Health & Care Plans?
- Would you like the opportunity to inform commissioning for new local Post-16 education provision for young people with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities?
- Or would you just like to talk to other parents in a relaxed atmosphere?