Art, Craft and Design
Why study Art, Craft and Design?
- Awakens your imagination, encourages self discipline & independent decision making, develops creative thinking, nurtures lateral thinking & problem solving skills...
Why study Dance?
- You may not want to pursue a career in dance, so why study it at GCSE?
- Because you enjoy it – you should have enjoyment in your GCSE studies
- Because you are good at it - never underestimate skills in a practical subject, good grades are good grades regardless of the subject...
Why study Design and Technology?
- Learn how to make effective design choices
- You will develop a deeper understanding of at least one material area and additional knowledge in a second material
- Develop your understanding about the stages of designing
Why study Drama?
Food Preparation and Nutrition
Why study Food Preparation and Nutrition?
- Desirable skills that both employers and universities seek
- Develop your practical cookery skills
- Learn how as consumers we have the power to make moral and ethical decisions that can make a difference to the world we live in
BTEC Health & Social Care
Why study Health & Social Care
- You can have the chance to get a better paid job and be more qualified than others when applying for jobs, as you may have more vocational skills
- You only have one exam which is worth 40% of your overall grade
- You can develop new skills needed in the world of work
ICT Cambridge National Level 2
Why study ICT?
- Creative media - Creative iMedia is a new course that we have started teaching for the first time this year
- It focusses on the creative use of ICT to produce media products such as websites, graphics, interactive displays, apps, movies etc.
- Web Design - Learn how to design and build working websites including images, video, animations, audio, interactive maps, pop up menus and more.
Why study Music?
- The written paper includes 1-2 music notation questions. However, listening and understanding are more important than fluency at music reading
- If you can read music, it helps. But people can score highly without being particulary fluent at music reading
- If you have learned an exam piece, you can use it for your gcse performance coursework
Why study PE?
- Do you play sport or do dance outside of school regularly?
- Do you regularly go to PE Clubs after school?
- Do you go to the gym and are interested in improving your fitness?
- Do you like science?
Then PE would be a good choice for you!
Why study BTEC Sport?
- You will still continue to do your 1 hour a week PE practical lessons
- THEORY: worth 75% PRACTICAL: worth 25% There is MORE THEORY than practical in BTEC Sport
- Do you want want to learn more about why and how people exercise?
Fashion & Textiles
Why study Fashion & Textiles
- Increases complex analysis
- Enhance fine motor skills
- Improves hand eye coordination
- Promotes visual, verbal & written communication skills