Year 7 Catch Up Premium
The Year 7 Catch-up premium is a Government funded initiative to support schools to provide support for students for literacy and numeracy. Funding received by the Academy will be allocated to enable us to provide identified students with additional support in literacy and/or mathematics.
- The grant does not have to be completely spent by schools in the financial year beginning 1 April 2013; some or all of it may be carried forward to future financial years'. DFE Year 7 Catch-up Premium Grant 2013-2014: Conditions of Grant
Which students benefit from Catch-up funding?
Previously the funding has been provided for Year 7 students who did not achieve at least a Level 4 in reading and/or mathematics in their end of KS2 national tests. From 2016 the funding will match the previous year's funding with adjustments made proportionate to the school's year 7 intake.
How much additional funding is this school entitled to?
We anticipate we will receive £14,689 to target support for students in Year 7 2017.
How will the school use this funding?
The funding can be used to provide additional support for targeted students to improve their literacy and/or numeracy skills through a range of approaches;
- Individual tuition in addition to classroom teaching
- Time bonded small group tuition
- Provide additional materials/resources to support teaching and progress of students
- To support the professional development of staff to develop quality first teaching and/or specialist support
- To commission specialist services e.g. Speech Therapy
- To support staffing in core subjects
Who decides how the money is spent and monitors its effectiveness?
The HT and Leadership team, in consultation with respective faculties, decide the appropriate use of funding for each academic year.
An understanding and analysis of the respective needs of the students who are eligible for the funding will help identify the specific and appropriate allocation of funding to maximise impact on student progress.
The use and impact of the Year 7 Catch up funding will be regularly reviewed by Leadership Team and shared with the Governing Body.