Parents & Friends Association
Annaul General Meeting - Wednesday 13th October 2021
- Welcome and Apologies
- Minutes of the previous AGM and Matters Arising
- TGS PFA - Who Are We and What Are Our Aims
Rob, Fundraising Coordinator, presented proposed events for the Autumn.
Virtual balloon race
This is a new event and it will be the first time the PFA will hold a virtual event. If we sell 400 balloons at £3 each, or 5 for £10, we are set to make £1k profit. People pay for their balloon(s) and log in to see where their balloons are.
It was proposed to hold the event in the week of 9th to 13th November.
Lottery through OneLottery
Every ticket costs £1 and there is a guaranteed winner each week from our school supporters. Tickets are also entered into a weekly £25,000 national prize draw.
More details about this event will be available next week.
Hamptons Surbiton estate agent
The arrangement is that for every house that Hamptons sell as a result of a recommendation by TGS PFA we will get £500 and every house that is let we will get £250. The event will run for at least a year and a half.
Leaflets are being printed and they will be handed to the girls to take home.
A Silent Auction was run with great success last December. We need your support to collect donations from local businesses.
It is proposed to run the event from 30 November to 15 December.
Christmas Tree offer with Court Farm Garden Centre
Court Farm Garden Centre will offer a special School Promotion of 10% off each purchase, and donate an extra 5% to the PFA. The event was run last year and it will be repeated this December.
2020 / 2021 Covid pending
The below events are yet to be confirmed:
- Comedy Night – this was first held in March 2019 and it was a great success
- Quiz Night – this will be a new event for the PFA
- Year 7 Disco – this was a big success last October and it would be great to organise one for the new Year 7s
- Rotary Dragon Boat Challenge – a new event for the PFA, but Rob, our Fundraising Coordinator has previous experience of organising a boat that raised £3k